Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day three of the Blogger Book Fair Lily Bishop


Welcome to day three. I hope you are having a great time on this Blogger Book Fair. I know I have enjoyed meeting all the great authors.


Dawn: It is great to have you with me today.  First tell us a little about yourself.  Your likes and dislikes, your favorite foods, your special pets? What makes you…you?

Lily Bishop: 

I grew up in Georgia, but I live in South Carolina. I lived in Indiana for a year after college, but I missed the warm climate in the South, so I returned to Georgia. I’m a happily married mom of two and I work full-time. I love Mexican food, and I hate to exercise which isn’t a good combination. Our family has a cat, but she likes my husband more than she likes me.

Dawn: What is the title of your current work and what is it about?

Lily Bishop:  No Strings Attached is the story of a one-night stand gone wrong. Laura is an administrative assistant from Miami attending a conference in Las Vegas. While she is there, she has a hot fling with Fox Thornton, a consultant from Atlanta. She never plans to see him again. Back in Miami on Monday, she learns that her boss has been fired, Fox Thornton has been hired to be the new director at her office, and her company is in financial trouble.  Once Fox starts working with the Miami client, he immediately suspects embezzlement, and all clues point to Laura.  Is she the diligent hard-working assistant that she led him to believe, or is she hiding other secrets?


Buy Links:

Currently No Strings Attached is available in print and ebook from Amazon.

Amazon US (print and digital): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D0UN0T0

Amazon UK (print and digital): http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D0UN0T0


Excerpt:

Fox Thornton stared at the cards nestled against the green felt. Focus, man, focus. Something had to change. A fun hand of blackjack had turned into a bloodbath. After being in meetings all day, he had planned a quick hand of blackjack, but two hours later, he had lost more than he intended. He blamed his losses on the gorgeous blonde at the end of the table and her sexy silver dress. How could he leave with her if she made no effort to leave?

Her hair reminded him of wheat in summer and it curled around her shoulders with a devil-may-care attitude. Her eyes shone like dark amber whiskey and glowed with an inner fire when she smiled—which was often—and frequently in his direction. She leaned forward and he caught a glimpse of a little dark hollow between her breasts. He stifled a groan.

He shifted position to relieve the pressure caused by a wave of desire. How long had it been since he'd been this hard for a stranger? Not since college ten years ago. As she considered the cards, her tongue peeked between rosy lips. What a turn-on.

Fox looked for any of the managers he knew from the remodel, and saw James, a pit boss who had joined him for drinks one night. He sent him a text and then moved over to the vacant seat beside her.

"The luck's better over here," he said with a smile, but then he cut his eyes away, not wanting to appear too eager. She spared him a quick glance before turning back to her cards.

Sitting beside her made things worse. He smelled roses every time she moved, and now he had a full view of her long, tanned legs. One of her legs bounced up and down, betraying her nervousness. He blocked out the image of those legs wrapped around his waist or he would never be able to stand. As soon as James closed the table, he would ask her to dinner.

Her bizarre play was screwing up the natural order of the cards. She laughed when the cards fell her way, and when they didn't, she seemed stunned, as if she should be able to predict the card order.

If anyone else had been playing that inconsistently, he would have switched tables and cut his losses. Now he was so intrigued he couldn't walk away without a phone number.

The girl's strapless dress fit against her like a second skin, and he couldn't look away. While they waited for the next round of cards, she fidgeted with a silver-threaded scarf. He could imagine that scarf in his hands as he pulled her to him ... He had to get control of himself.

When the waitress brought drinks, he took care of the tip, and his blonde beauty flashed him a smile. When she won for the third time in as many hands, he saluted her with a flourish. She repaid him by blowing him a kiss. Now he had her attention.



Dawn: How long did have you been writing and when did you know that writing was what you wanted to do? What kind of writer are you, a plotter or a pantser?

Lily Bishop: I have always been a writer. I wrote my first novel in high school, my second in college, and a third right after I got married. This is the first one that I’ve felt was ready for prime time. I come up with a general idea of where the plot is going, but often my characters take me different places.


Dawn: Share your social profiles with us. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest…where do you spend your cyber-time?

Lily Bishop: I try to blog regularly, and I spent time on Twitter. I am still working on what kind of things readers want to see on my Facebook page.

Website/Blog: www.lilybishop.com

Twitter: @bishoplily



Dawn: If you could travel to any-where or any-when…when and where would that be? What would you do when you got there?

Lily Bishop: I would love to visit England and Scotland tour some of the historic castles. I love historic sites.


Dawn: What draws you to the genre or genres in which you write?

Lily Bishop: I love romance, but it seems that I’m always adding something else in, whether it’s a theft, death threats, or trying to recover from an abusive past. While I love history, I don’t want to do the detailed research necessary for a historical, and vampires aren’t my thing.


Who is your favorite author and why? Which book speaks to you the most?

Lily Bishop: I read all kinds of authors and books. My favorite of all time is Margaret Mitchell and Gone With the Wind. I grew up reading about Scarlett, and that book made a HUGE impression on me growing up.


What do you like to listen to when you write? Music, TV, silence?

Lily Bishop: I have a son starting middle school and a daughter starting fifth grade, so if I waited for silence I’d never write! I can write with the television in the background if it’s not a show I’m interested in, although if I’m stuck just about anything is more interesting than the blank screen.


When do you find the time to write? Are you an early morning person or a late at night writer?

Lily Bishop: I write in the car on long trips, I write at night, and when I’m waiting at kid’s activities that don’t need my immediate attention, like dance practice.


Tell me about any promotions or contests you are running? Where can we go to sign up and what are the rules?

Lily Bishop: Everyone who comments on my blog this week at Lilybishop.com (July 22-26) will be entered in a drawing for a ten dollar Amazon gift card.


Thank you for being with me today.  I enjoyed learning about your book and look forward to reading it.

Thanks for having me!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to have you Lily, hope you are having as much fun on the Blogger Book Fair as I am.

    ReplyDelete